Thursday, September 11, 2014

Cory Doctorow's Homeland - Free (as in beer) YA fiction

If for some bizarre reason you find yourself looking for a YA dystopian novel set in SF in modern times, then you can read Cory Doctorow's Homeland, and its prequel Little Brother for free (if you don't mind plugs by the author for independent brick'n'mortar bookshops nationwide between chapters).

For my teaching friends, there is a study guide for high school students and another one for Little Brother.

All of Cory Doctorow's (of Boing Boing and xkcd fame) novels are available free for download on his craphound website.

I used the epub file in the Nook reader app on my Android phone. I just dropped the file in the Nook's "My Documents folder". The epub file is unfortunately incorrectly formatted for Google books. For an Amazon Kindle compatible version scroll to the bottom for the mobi file.

Maybe enjoy? (I did, but beware the themes hit very close to home. That's good right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fork me on GitHub